Regional Acceptance - Class action lawsuit against rac

i for one am getting tired of the threatening phone calls from Regional acceptance

how can a company call you at 1030 at night and talk smack to you over the phone and extorting money its time to fight back and hurt them most where it counts there pockets and free cars

These people are unethical,brutal and just lousy

what finance company is allowed to finance people but can't refinance when the economy is bad to help customers out so payments can be made on time?

I don't believe for one minute they can't they don't care to

and I am sure some *** will comment with pay your bill on time and to that person I have this to say in the state the economy is now makes things hard or something happens where one can get side track a forget about payments example = moving,new born child hospitalization a death in the family.

I think a class action lawsuit will get the point across to regional acceptance that we will not stand for this anymore

More Review Details

Helpful? 32 Yes 32 20 No 20
Had the same issue 10 Yes 10
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 05 #1016072

Is there a Class Action against RAC? if so how can I get in it? I paid a vehicle off in May 2009 and have yet to receive the title to my vehicle. When I went to the bank, the branch manager called RAC and requested the payoff amount and while they were still on the phone drafted a cashiers check for the amount given and gave RAC the check number. The check was sent off that day. They received the check and a payment that I had sent off prior which for $536. That $536 was included in the payoff quote. RAC actually sent me an overpayment refund but not the Title to the vehicle. Now they say we still owe one last payment and have reported us to the credit bureau saying we defaulted on our car loan. If there is a class action pending, I want in.

May 03 #979499

POS company if you ask me!! I was suppose to be the cosigner on this loan and now I find out they made me the primary on it!! Oh *** no!! I didn't sign up for primary!! They can go @#?!# themselves!!! DO NOT DO BUSSINESS WITH THEM EVER!!!!

Feb 02 #939795 Loveland, Ohio

I just joined the class action lawsuit also.

Aug 05 #1016079

Can you tell me who to contact to join this class action lawsuit?

chris56303

Mar 25, 2014 #798661

I'd join a class action lawsuit against rac

Megan

Dec 11, 2012 #580777

Actually, in Rita's defense, RAC is also an abbreviation for Rac Acceptance which is a finance company for furniture. And they too make harassing calls late at night, they are also unethical,brutal and just lousy. I found this forum by searching the furniture RAC. So why be so rude to Rita & accuse her of lying about the accounts she has, because simply you haven't a clue?! Sounds like you are no better then these RAC companies!

Mar 28, 2013 #629885

Because she is stirring the pot in a forum that is advocating suing a company that she knows nothing about. And for you to say that she is talking about a "different company, but this one is probably just as bad" shows you dont have a clue what you are talking about. :roll

Sep 28, 2012 #548276

@Rita. They finance cars NOT furniture. You are in here putting down a company and you have no idea what they even do so there is no way you have an "account" with them. Troll...

jualee

Aug 30, 2012 #535856

is there a class action lawsuit against credit acceptance right now ?

rita

Aug 22, 2012 #532339

can someone share with me how to contact a lawyer or lawyers that will sue RAC AS A CLASS SUIT. ALL OF YOU WHO NEED TO SUE, LET'S GET ON THIS TOGETHER. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! MY EMAIL IS glo5637@yahoo.com

rita

Aug 22, 2012 #532337

RAC HARRASED ME , WHEN I WAS ONLY ONE DAY LATE. THREATHENED TO PICK UP FURNITURE, CALLED EERYDAY. I EVEN MADE PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS TO PAY IN THE SAME MONTH. NEVER WAS I MORE THAN 5 DAYS LATE. THEY HARRASSED ME SO MUCH AND CALLED 10 TIMES A DAY UNTIL I RELOCATED, TOOK THE FURNITYURE AND MADE PAYMENTS BY MAIL.. THEY ARE LOSERS AND NEED TO BE SUED, SHUT DOWN. THEY ARE ARROGANT, IGNORANT, AND BROKE. AT LEAST THATS HOW THEY DO BUSINESS. LIKE BROKE DOWN DOGS...

Get real

Jan 23, 2013 #597985 Birmingham, Alabama

Friggin call your debtors first and they will leave you the *** alone.... geeez

Mar 28, 2013 #629881

Yeah, Regional is an auto finance company. They dont finance furniture so you might want to take your lies elsewhere.

Someone

Jul 26, 2012 #519641

I have a loan with them, and as long as you keep in contact with them, if your having trouble making a payment, they will work with you. They are NOT allowed to tell anyone (employer or references) anything in regards to your account. It is illegal. Send them a certified letter, telling them they are not allowed to contact your references or employer, and they will stop. But in all honesty they have been very fair with me and were willing to work out payment arrangements.

0 0 Reply
I do field calls for them

Jul 22, 2012 #517338

when people finance through RAC and can't make their payments, I get more work to do. SO please, keep up the smack talking I get work out of it!!! When you sign financial paperwork, read the fine print. The company pretty much owns you and you job once you sign. We will come to your job, we will come to your home or your mother's home, and photograph EVERYTHING. I was in the bad economy, but these people are feeding my kids and taking care of me. I support them and what they do 100% see you all in court! losers.

1 2 Reply
Krysta

Jan 18, 2013 #595290 Dallas, Texas

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL Losers?? WOW ! How mature are we?? Calling names! I just wanted to that you for that laugh!! Karma is a B! Funny thing is its my middle name! This company does have a lot of law suits against them, so the next time you want to stick up for a company figure out the 411! No company owns anyone sweet heart. No matter what paperwork you sign. You must be really ***! This goes back to a persons rights! Do your research before bashing customers! and FYI rule is customer is always right! Regional is notorious for threats and employees are very unprofessional. You just proved that! Keep up the good work!!

TM

Jun 08, 2012 #493254

I am sure with all the comments that were made here are from people who do not have to deal with the harassment of Regional or do not have a account with them, or probably don't have a job at all and want to make fun of the real hard working Americans. they just want to talk smack because they think they are better then you. But hey it is a free country and freedom of speach.
But that does not give them the right to call a Employer and tell them that they did not pay for their vehicle's monthly payment and make them look small. It also does not give them the right call someone under the age of 18 and make all kinds of threats, then afterwards wants to know if the daughter is single and would like to meet her. Most of all they do not have to call you 40 times a day or for people who can't relate ever hour on the hour. I say fuckem, they want the car here it is, I told them repeatly that the vehicle can be picked up, I offered to take it to a dealership of their choice and still nothing. So I am going to drive the *** out of this car until someone get's off their lazy *** and get the car picked up. I had to file a chapter 7 so it is not a big deal to me, because they are already listed in with filing and in about 2 more months I will be free and clear. So call me what you want I really do nto give a ***. The heartless bastards that make *** comments should look at themselves before they put someone down. besides I could care *** less because you do not know me or my
... Show more

Life Happens

Apr 25, 2012 #470996

By law collectors CANNOT call you after 9pm in the time zone which you reside. They are also limited to one contact per day. i.e. leaving a message with a household member, leaving a voicemail or speaking with the customer. This company will call you 5 times within a 5 minute time period. They will even change their agreed payment arrangements. They are bullies!

realone

Apr 24, 2012 #470799

My brother have a loan through RAC he was paying his loan faithfully for 3 or 4 years then he ran into some trouble his girlfriend died he lost his job and he could'nt pay his car note for about 5 months but he stayed in contact with them letting them know what was going on then he got a job he was excited to get back to paying his car note but when he did they want him to pay so much that he can't pay the note I think that's unfair.

John

Apr 18, 2012 #467647

I agree. The economy has nothing to do with you making your car payment. When signing a 5-6 year car loan, you know that a lot can happen over just a year, much less 6.

2 0 Reply

1-20 of 26 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Regional Acceptance.
Filing a new complaint about
×